Tuesday 27 October 2009

SILVER HEAD OR GOLD TOP?

You know what it's like when milk turns. It's not good. Well it happened to me.
Last year I turned 50.
Now I don't want you to think that I've gone completely white and sour, but I'm certainly not as fresh as I once was. In fact, to be perfectly blunt, I'm well past my sell-by date and yet, for some inexplicable reason, I've been left on the shelf. Therein lies the difference between being sour and being bitter, but that's for another blog.
This one is about about how I'm coping with ageing through:

a. fitness and b. attitude

(Read that as beatitude if you wish!)

When I was younger, I used to run in shifts and shift when I ran. I was very fit and focused. On the odd occasion when I slowed down to a walk through the lack of mental stamina, I was overwhelmed with the feeling of having failed.
Now, although I only power walk, there are times when I break into a run and the warm glow of success descends upon me!
The balance of walking and running might be entirely the same
pre-50 as post-50 but, whereas before I was deflated, now I am elated.
So the moral of my story is, it doesn't matter how fast you run, time will catch up with you eventually.
And remember, when you accept a change of pace, it is easier to adapt to the pace of change.

No comments:

Post a Comment