Thursday 28 January 2010

Belt up!

Yesterday I surmised in one of my blogs about how the less well off have to tighten their belts while the rich merely heighten them.
Imagine my surprise then to learn from today's Daily Telegraph(28.1.10.) that research has proved that the older a man becomes, the higher he wears his belt. Bearing in mind that you have to be of a certain age to have accumulated some wealth, I was not too far out.
But it does raise a couple of questions:

1. Just how old is Simon Methuselah Cowell?
2. How old and depressed do you need to be before you start slipping the belt around your neck rather than your waist?

The article in the Telegraph was by Harry Wallop whose middle name might as well be Cods.
Maybe he would like to do a guest piece for my blog.
Would that then make it a Codspiece?

No comments:

Post a Comment